curriculum website creation

From: Irene Yun Salter (iayun@itsa.ucsf.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 09 2005 - 07:56:38 PDT

From: Irene Yun Salter <iayun@itsa.ucsf.edu>
Subject: curriculum website creation
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 07:56:38 -0700

Dear Pinholers,
Has anyone created a website for their classroom or school? I am trying
to develop a curriculum site so that I can post my curriculum
(including field trips and assessments) for other teachers to use. I'd
like to allow teachers to download text files and to search for lessons
by key word and possibly get and post feedback from other teachers. I'm
researching inexpensive/free open source webhosting options and web
design options to make the site look pretty and be easy to use (for
both me to create it and for the teachers that might use it). Also, if
anyone has experience with content management systems that can be used
to include search features, download files, and post feedback that
would be fantastic!

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll let everyone know when the site is
up and running.
Irene Salter