Looking for a middle school science teacher

From: Gary Einhorn (gary@horne.cc)
Date: Wed Jul 27 2005 - 11:37:12 PDT

Subject: Looking for a middle school science teacher
From: Gary Einhorn <gary@horne.cc>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:37:12 -0700

Hello Pinholers,

        I could really use your help in finding a science teacher for my
middle school. Manzanita Charter is an excellent place to work and
teach for teachers who like to be empowered. We are located in
Richmond and have a very diverse student body (all economic levels and
all ethnic groups.) Class size is small (25 students). We have NO
principal or vice principal--teachers and parents cooperatively run the
school. Parental involvement is very high. Discipline problems are
small as compared to other schools. Teachers have complete autonomy
over their budget and their curriculum (so long as they follow
California Standards). 150 students total in the school, and we just
were awarded the State Distinguished School award. I've taught here
for 5 years and can honestly say that out of my 15 years teaching, this
position is the best.

        We are looking for someone who is excited about being part of the
operations of the school, who wants to bring fresh ideas into the
science curriculum. Likes to work hard and believes that schools are
integral to communities. This person also has to have a Single
Subject credential in science.

Our Craigslist ad is here;
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/edu/82003172.html although it doesn't
really capture the joy and possibilities the position offers.

        It's almost August so I know that most teachers have already signed
contracts. If you could forward this email off to anyone you know who
is looking for a job or may know someone who is looking for a job. You
can either have them email me directly at gary@horne.cc or our parent
volunteer who is chairing the hiring committee (Richard Anderson at
richardandersonsr@juno.com)

Thank you very much,

Gary Einhorn