Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

Dorothy Leighty-Parks (dleighty@mhsgw.milpitas.k12.ca.us)
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:22:43 -0700

Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 17:22:43 -0700
To: "Pinhole Listserv" <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
From: dleighty@mhsgw.milpitas.k12.ca.us (Dorothy Leighty-Parks)
Subject: Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

Ron:

I received a grant and have seven PCs in my Life Science (non-college prep,
sophmores, public school) classroom. We are using the internet for
research, corresonding with like-aged students around the world, contacting
experts, newspapers, etc. Others in my department are into the Aurora
Project on line. Our school has ten internet Macs in the library and our
department just went on line this month with our own 11 Mac lab. I would
be glad to talk to you as I am sure would be Bob Zafran (Aurora). He
teaches AP Chemistry and Physical Science (heterogenous freshmen). I can
be reached at dleighty@bigfoot.com, dleighty@mhsgw.milpitas.k12.ca.us or
(408) 945-5535. Bob's email is rzafran@ix.netcom.com. Same phone number.
We both have 6th period prep, so the best day time to call is 12:00 to
1:30. Between 12 and 12:30 someone might even answer the office phone.
Other times, no guarantee. My home phone is (510) 881-4756.

>Pinhole:
>
>Do you know any teachers in the bay area who have been using computer
>technology successfully in their science classroom?

>ron

Dorothy Leighty-Parks
21354 Meekland Avenue
Hayward, CA 94541
(510) 881-4756
The great tragedy of Science--The slaying of a beautiful hypothesis
by an ugly fact. -- T.H. Huxley