Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

PipeOrgn@aol.com
Wed, 21 May 1997 16:09:43 -0400 (EDT)

From: PipeOrgn@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 May 1997 16:09:43 -0400 (EDT)
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

Hello Heidi-

The *main sequence* curve on the H-R chart is a function of star size. Large
stars burn hot, blue, bright, and fast. A really large star may only burn
for 10 million years because it will exhaust its fuel (hydrogen for fusion)
quickly. Stars such as our sun will burn warm, yellow, moderate light
output, and for billions of years. Stars that get into the red and brown
dwarf area of the H-R chart burn cool, red, dim, and extremely long (well
beyond the 10 billion year expected life of our sun).

IHMO - The deposition of calcium on the walls of pipes is a process of ionic
chemical reaction. There should be no reason that any type of sonic pulse
transducer or source of electromagnetic waves should prevent that
precipitation or deposition. I would think the device in the catalogue to be
of the same value as the magnetic sole inserts for shoes to magnetize your
blood thus keeping your feet from getting tired (only $19.95).

Regards to all-

Al Sefl
PipeOrgn@aol.com