Re: Laundry Ball Testing

PipeOrgn@aol.com
Thu, 7 Aug 1997 18:19:23 -0400 (EDT)

From: PipeOrgn@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 18:19:23 -0400 (EDT)
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Laundry Ball Testing

One of the local TV stations did an expose' of how these don't work.

My own take is that since water is the most active solvent known to
chemistry, plain water does a good job of washing all by itself. Add to that
the fact that more cleaning is accomplished by mechanical action than any
kind of chemical action and the "miracle laundry ball" will seem to work to
some extent. After all, our ancestors beat clothes on a rock to get them
clean and that worked also.

Best to all on the Pinhole List -

Al Sefl
PipeOrgn@aol.com

p.s. I hope no one went out and bought one of those electronic mosquito
repellers made by the same people - they don't work either. Mosquitos don't
have ears to hear the beaps but find you by your exhaled CO2 and body scent.
If you did buy one you can put it next to your magnet shoe inserts that
prevent sore feet! ;-)