Re: advice on free stuff

suzanna loper (suzanna@seismo.berkeley.edu)
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 08:05:46 -0700

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 1997 08:05:46 -0700
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: suzanna@seismo.berkeley.edu (suzanna loper)
Subject: Re: advice on free stuff

Regarding free & cheap stuff:

I got free liquid nitrogen from a welding shop in San Leandro -- had to
bring my own container, and had to call a few places before I found one
that had the facilities to distribute small amounts.

I got a class set of free small plastic mirrors from TAP plastics. I had
heard if you call and let them know what you need they will save scraps for
you ... however, I'm not sure if this is company policy or just a kind
employee, so be careful!

I'm sure you already know about the East Bay Depot for Creative Reuse, but
for anyone who doesn't it's a mini-RAFT type place and is located in
Berkeley on San Pablo between Ashby and Alcatraz ... lots of cheap paper,
containers, office supplies, fabric scraps, plastic whatsits, etc.

Suzy Loper

Suzy Loper
suzanna@seismo.berkeley.edu
suzyl@socrates.berkeley.edu (not yet functioning)