Re: Advanced Integrated Science thread

NFetter (NFetter@aol.com)
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 01:20:30 EST

From: NFetter <NFetter@aol.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 1997 01:20:30 EST
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Advanced Integrated Science thread

Hi Pinholers,
Well,well, this little document is almost as good as the gender bomb that was
planted here about a month ago. A.P. anything is bad? Gee, my A.P. chemistry
students seem to be eternally grateful that they were exposed to this course
when they have to take general chemistry in college. I'll admit A.P. Chemistry
may not be too valuable to an arts or history major, but still it is a link to
scientific literacy just like A.P. English may be an aid to literacy. I'm in
favor of A.P. anything, because it challenges students' intellect and requires
some serious thinking and reflection. See you in January.

Neil Fetter