PBS Math Special "Life By the Numbers"

Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:42:36 -0800 (PST)

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:42:36 -0800 (PST)
To: pinhole
From: loril@exploratorium.edu (Lori Lambertson)
Subject: PBS Math Special "Life By the Numbers"

Hello Pinholers,
A number of you attended a Saturday workshop last April that was filmed by
WQED Pittsburgh for an upcoming PBS series: "Life By the Numbers", which
will look at the crucial role mathematics plays in sports, work, education,
exploration, chance, virtual reality, and life in general. The series will
debut on PBS stations Wednesday, April 8, at 8:00 pm Eastern Time (check
local listings) and will continue on the following six Sundays (April 12 to
May 17) at 6:00 pm ET (check local listings).
Information on each of the programs in the series (including air dates) is
available on the web at
www.mathlife.org
Some pages on this website are still under construction. I was not able to
tell which of the programs contains the Exploratorium segment from the
current information at this site. I have called WQED to try to get more
specific information for those of you who have a particular interest in
that program. I will post whatever information I get from them. (I'll
keep you posted?)

A FREE accompanying poster and curriculum guide is available on the web at
www.ti.com/calc/mathlife
or by phoning WQED Educational Services at (412) 622-1396.

Mathematically yours,
Lori Lambertson
Teacher in Residence