Re: Air pressure

Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:39:25 -0800 (PST)

Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 22:39:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Re: Air pressure

Big agreement here on the ear part of Paul's answer. I had tubes put in
my ears after I broke eardrums as a kid, and ever since have had sensitive
eardrums. Flying to LA is literally murder -- the pressure change is the
most painful thing I've ever felt. In the same way, I feel it in my ears
when I dive down 10 feet or more in a pool. But mountain climbing I've
never felt the difference -- lots of time to yawn and equalize the
pressure.

Ellen Koivisto