Re: Teaching position wanted

CGDonahoe3 (CGDonahoe3@aol.com)
Fri, 3 Apr 1998 01:56:17 EST

From: CGDonahoe3 <CGDonahoe3@aol.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 01:56:17 EST
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Teaching position wanted

Hmmmm, teaching positions in San Francisco. I wonder??

450 golden handshakes and "transfers" out of the SFUSD are in process now.
Lowell is losing about 35+
Washington about 23+
etc.

Listings are posted, almost weekly. Most recent came out this week. Great
need for science teachers able to integrate or work with other content areas.

Check with 135 Van Ness, SFUSD. Phone number is in the book. Ya gotta get
down there and begin the application process.

Stick with it. Cuz as teachers retire from one school, others may transfer
from their present school to a vacancy in that shcool. It's going to be an
ongoing process of shift and change. Can you find someone presently within
the system to help you. Honestly, seeing what happens in SFUSD and wishing
you could be a part of it will not work.

Good luck--been in SFUSD 13 and teaching for 25+. Learn the system and begin
to learn to work it. We need teachers who will jump in wisely, find
cooperative partner/mentor (there are programs), and stay the course. God
bless, of course.