Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

SFPhysics (SFPhysics@aol.com)
Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:25:58 EDT

From: SFPhysics <SFPhysics@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 1998 20:25:58 EDT
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Pinhole Daily Digest

Hi Pinhole People -

As many of you know, I collect and restore old physics demonstration aparatus.
My current project is to remake a Wimshurst static generator that was
destroyed by having its' glass disks shattered when dropped. I am in the
process of making a stamping die for the aluminum collectors that are mounted
on the disk. My question to the list is in two parts:

1) Does anyone know of a source of these aluminum collectors (thus saving me
from having to manufacture the stamping dies to make them, though I have them
half done now)?

2) Is anyone interested in getting these collectors to restore their own
machine? I'll be glad to share when (and if) the project comes to fruition.

I would also be interested in purchasing any really old BKH catalogues (Braun,
Knecht, and Heimann Scientific Supplies) for research into restoration of
scientific demonstration aparatus. Any other catalogues from the 50's and
before would also be helpful. Thanks in advance if you can help.

Best wishes to all -

Al Sefl
SFPhysics@aol.com
(new e-mail address but my old pipe organ business e-mail is still OK to use)