Mnore mnemonics

Richard Brooks (richardb@exploratorium.edu)
Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:55:02 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Fri, 24 Apr 1998 08:55:02 -0700 (PDT)
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
From: Richard Brooks <richardb@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Mnore mnemonics

Dear Pinholers,
Another variation on the planets mnemonic:

My very enthusiastic mother just served us neopolitan pizza.

This allows for a handier shift of words when there is a correspondent
crossover of the planets' orbits [when Neptune and Pluto cross]:

My very enthusiastic mother just served us pizza napolitana.

Note that this Italian form also allows for a [gratuitous] segue to Italian
astronomers (including modern-day Italian radio astronomer, Tiziana Venturi)
AND lends a continental flair to your class. I hope this is of some value
to y'all.
Sincerely yours,
Richard

P.S. Dipping zinc-core pennies into liquid nitrogen makes them brittle
enough to break in half--to help confirm to students the penny's
composition. (1982 pennies are AC/DC? Huh?)

Richard Brooks, Library Troll
The Exploratorium
3601 Lyon Street
San Francisco, CA 94123