Leyden jar

Tim Ostrom (576587@ousd.k12.ca.us)
Sat, 02 May 1998 17:28:34 -0700

Date: Sat, 02 May 1998 17:28:34 -0700
From: Tim Ostrom <576587@ousd.k12.ca.us>
To: exploratorium pinhole <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Leyden jar

Aloha,

First of all thank you for the workshop Saturday. It was enjoyable and
it gave me many new ideas.
Question: Do you think using salt water or some other ionic chemical
for tap water might improve our film container Leyden Jar?

Also Paul or anybody else, if you could let me know where I could get
plans for a simple shortwave receiver which my 7th graders could build I
would appreciate it < : Has anybody built the receiver found in the
communications projects put out in a little booklet by Radio Shack. I
can't figure out what the 741 IC is for???

Thanks,

Tim Ostrom
Oakland Unified