Re. Whole Lotsa Chem questions

Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:29:49 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:29:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re. Whole Lotsa Chem questions

Thanks, Neil. I meant copper hydrates, which are blue, but a disconnect
between brain and fingers made me type oxides, which are black. So the
question stands, can the green color for copper metal be reproduced in the
lab and, if so, how?

I've been searching the web for the periodic table based on the nuclear
properities of the elements and so far no luck.

In Chem Com, you mean the milk analysis lab? Found it just now.

And I've got another question. Anyone have a procedure for electroplating
a leaf? I've seen one, but it requires a special silver paint that can
only be bought with a $100 minimum purchase...

Thanks,
Ellen Koivisto
George Washington High School, SF
gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us