Re: Electroplating a leaf.....

SFPhysics@aol.com
Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:45:06 EDT

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 1998 13:45:06 EDT
To: pinhole@exploratorium.edu
Subject: Re: Electroplating a leaf.....

Ellen and fellow Pinhole Listers:

To make a leaf conductive you may also use cheap graphite powder rubbed onto
the leaf. It is MESSY but works. There are also available conductive paints
for repair of automobile rear window defogger grids that work well (Kragens,
Autotorium, Grand Auto, etc.). Most may be thinned for the purpose of
rendering a leaf conductive. Once the leaf is covered completely then into
the copper sulfate electroplating solution it goes, add electricity and viola'
, a while later you have a copper leaf. We made some really nice ones when I
was teaching at GWHS!

Regards to all -

Al Sefl
SFPhysics@aol.com