Old Science texts, anyone?

G Horne (g_horne@sttheresa.pvt.k12.ca.us)
3 Sep 1998 16:21:58 -0700

Date: 3 Sep 1998 16:21:58 -0700
From: "G Horne" <g_horne@sttheresa.pvt.k12.ca.us>
Subject: Old Science texts, anyone?
To: "TI Alums" <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>

Hello,

Does anyone have any old textbooks that they are not using that would be
appropriate for grade 4 students and cover weather and animals? Due to a
last minute shake-up at our school, our usual science teacher is not teaching
our fourth grade and the fourth grade teacher doesn't feel comfortable
teaching without a text. (Naturally, we don't have the budget for new
books). If someone is getting rid of a set, even if it is for an older age,
we could probably use it. Or, if someone has some good xeroxes (don't ask me
why we CAN afford copying) that we could use, that would also help.

And while I am begging, our new science teacher is also a brand new teacher
and is feeling overwhelmed. If anyone has some lesson plans on ecology,
human body systems, or microbiology (protists, monerans, etc.) that are LOW
maintenance and easy for a new teacher to use, she could really use the help.

Please come through for me TI! I've told my teachers what a great resource
this is! Feel free to email me directly at g_horne@sttheresa.pvt.k12.ca.us

Thank You!

Gary Horne