Looking for activities for Latino heritage festival

four words.... (neit@exploratorium.edu)
Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:06:36 -0800

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 01:06:36 -0800
From: "four words...." <neit@exploratorium.edu>
To: Pinhole Listserv <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Looking for activities for Latino heritage festival

Hi Pinholers,

We are having a Latino heritage festival at our school, part of the day
will have various classes visiting different teachers... As it turns
out, i'm scheduled to have two Kindergarten classes, a first and a
second grade class visit me. Does ANYONE have any ideas on activities I
could engage the little ones with?! I'm a little intimidated by the cute
lil' ones!!!!!
I know that there are some wonderful activities in the _Multicultural
Math_ activities publication (quipu activity), can't find my copy of the
_Multicultural Science_ publication.... so I would greatly appreciate
any and all of your suggestions! You can contact me directly at
tien@accelerated.org or neit@exploratorium.edu. Thank you!

* does anyone have Susan Boshoven's email?! I know she has a wonderful
set of lessons on math/science activities related to sundials and Aztec
calenders...

Tien Huynh-Dinh
The Accelerated School
North of So. Central LA