teacher position

Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:13:05 -0800 (PST)

Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 10:13:05 -0800 (PST)
To: pinhole
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: teacher position

Oak Canyon School opened this past September with one mixed fifth/sixth
grade class. It is a school serving the needs of highly capable students
who excel in small structured environments. Our classroom is well stocked
with computers and science equipment. But our wonderful science teacher
is moving to the east coast and we are seeking an equally wonderful
replacement.

We need someone twice a week for an hour each time in the classroom and
one hour sometimes two outside the classroom of prep time. The time
demands are minimal and we will pay $40 per hour or more (up to $65)
depending on experience.

We are seeking a teacher with a strong science background who is capable
of passing on a love of scientific inquiry to our students. Our program
uses HANDS ON projects to teach the scientific method. Our program also
seeks to teach students that scientific investigations, data and
conclusions are most meaningful if they can be communicated to others
through verbal presentations, written reports and/or graphic
representations etc. Our class has only four bright and verbal students
at the present time and is expected to grow to ten by June.

Our head credentialed teacher will be in the classroom doing prep work
during the science teahcer's time. We are flexible as to days and times.
Our current teacher had been coming on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:00
to 10:00 am. But for the right person we can certainly rearrange the
schedule to accomodate them. We need someone who can begin in January.
Our school is located in Palo Alto with easy access from 101. We would
be grateful for any help you can give us in this matter. Please contact
me at : 650 856 6673 or 650 856 4866(home). For more information on our
school teachers can see our website at www.oakcanyon.org. We appreciate
your help.

Sincerely,
Janine Herron, Admissions Director