math/science teaching position

Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:14:15 -0700 (PDT)

Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:14:15 -0700 (PDT)
To: pinhole
From: loril@exploratorium.edu (Lori Lambertson)
Subject: math/science teaching position

Hello Pinhole Community,
I just spoke with a teacher I know, Akiyu Hatano, who is helping to start a
new middle school this fall. The West Oakland Community School is a
charter school with an expected enrollment of 50 students.
Akiyu emailed this announcement to me:

Here is the job announcement for teacher positions at our school -- please
share it widely with your list serve & other folks who may come by the
Exploratorium. For this coming fall (although the position actually starts
in July), we are looking for just one math/science teacher for the sixth
grade -- someone who is adventurous in their approach to teaching,
team-oriented, committed to teaching African American students and other
students of color, enthusiastic about parent & community involvement in the
school, and has a background in teaching math & science (in schools or in
other settings).
Please email Akiyu for more information:
ahatano@muse.sfusd.k12.ca.us

And pass on this information to interested colleagues!
Cheers,
Lori