Electophorus

Tim Ostrom (576587@ousd.k12.ca.us)
Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:17:55 -0700

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 17:17:55 -0700
From: Tim Ostrom <576587@ousd.k12.ca.us>
To: exploratorium pinhole <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Electophorus

Aloha pinholers < :

I have been working on an Electrophorus project for my class. I have
tried charging the pie tin by rubbing different fabrics on a flat
syrofoam sheet from the butcher shop. Wool works pretty good but a
sweeter made from el paca works fantastic. Of course I do not want to
cut up my nice sweeter for the project. Does anybody know of any
inexpensive material which will have the same results as the el paca???
Is there something, inexpensive, which will work better than the
syrofoam sheets???

Thanks < :

Tim Ostrom < :

OUSD < :

P.S. The film container leyden jars work great. My students are having
a lot of fun experimenting with them!!! < :