Re: pinhole Re: probability

Steven Eiger (eiger@montana.edu)
Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:08:56 -0600

Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:08:56 -0600
To: "Pinhole Listserv" <pinhole@exploratorium.edu>
From: Steven Eiger <eiger@montana.edu>
Subject: Re: pinhole Re: probability

I disagree. You mathemeticians are too smart for your own good; you find
it too easy to see things in an abstract sense (I say this with a sizable
amount of jealousy). Saying "You have a female friend with one sibling"
suggests to me that you have a real friend, a person with flesh and blood;
a single entity, if so then she would be looking at the situation from her
perspective and not the dual perspective of her and her sister if she had
one, thus your first model works, the family one. Steve Eiger