Re: Cool Hot Rod

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Sep 29 1999 - 18:54:35 PDT

Unfortunately, you're going to have to redo your calculation for your
project. The first sentence, the one beginning "The copper tubing
expands by...", states the formula. The second sentence gives a
specific example. In the example, the temperature has been increased
100 times (1.8 x 100 = 180), therefore the length must also be increased
100 times (1.7 x 10 to the minus 5 x 100 = 1.7 x 10 to the minus 3). I
hope that makes it a little more clear.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator