chemistry questions

From: Gambino1678@cs.com
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 18:29:48 PST

       Hello, I have a few questions for a project.
1.) Why does light come in different colors?
2.) How is light generated?
3.) When you look at a spectra of a cylinder of hydrogen light and see 3
lines od different colors, why do you have that amount, and when you look at
a helium spectra you have 6 lines?
4.) What does the orbital theory explain about those lines of different
colors emmitted by the hydrogen and helium?

       Please answer these questions if you can right now. I really need
them. I will be waiting. Or if you can just give me a site where I can find
the answers. Try to get back at me today, please. Thank you.