Re: Cardan's suspension

From: Andrew Russon (ajrusson@ozemail.com.au)
Date: Thu May 30 2002 - 18:33:37 PDT

In On-line Snack discussion's email sent: 30/05/2002 12:38 PM the message
states that:

> Does this refer to one of the Snacks? Which one?
>
> Nina Thayer
> Snacktalk Moderator
>

>> Hey!,
>>

>> I have interest in this principle and it's application towards the tracking
>> of a stylus on turntables. Some manufacturers are saying that their
>> turntables are utilising the Cardan's suspension principle for tracking of
>> the stylus in the groove of an LP. How does this work in comparison to
>> conventional tracking techniques on record players?
>>

>> thanx in advance from an intrigued applied scientist,
>>
>> Andrew Russon (B APP SCI - MRT - Nuc Med Tech, USyd AU '97)

Nina,

thanx for your reply,

I have looked at your exploratorium web site again and I have been unable to
locate an individual snack on that subject. I was using Apple's Sherlock
program to search the internet and the exploratorium site came up as a match
for Cardan's Suspension. I think the search I conducted was not specific
enough and referred me to your site as I typed 'Cardan's Suspension'.
Sherlock gave me hits directed to your site based upon the word 'Suspension'
(I think)...

Thanks for your time anyway,

I will continue to look elseware fore the information I require.

Andrew Russon

ps - Great site by the way - good to see that you can show young people how
to do the science - not just the theory behind it!!