Re: winking

From: On-line Snack discussion (snaktalk)
Date: Wed Sep 11 2002 - 19:33:52 PDT

I'm not sure why we came up when you did the search on when and why
winking became known as a flirtatious gesture. I can't think of any of
the Snacks that have to do with that. My guess, and it's just a guess, is
that winking being a flirtatious gesture might be too old to be documented
as to when and why it originated. You could try researching body language
or non-verbal communication and see if you get any closer to an answer.
Let us know what you find out.

Nina Thayer
Snacktalk Moderator