Peripheral Vision

From: Pokekid4523@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 18:36:49 PST

      Hello, I am an 8th grade student, and I am doing a science project on
peripheral vision. I found your site when I was doing research, and I found
it to be very helpful. I was wondering if it would be possible to interview
you about peripheral vision.
      My science project concerns how well people can remember things they
have seen with peripheral vision. The questions I hope my project will answer
are "Is it easier for the brain to focus on multiple colours or numbers at
the same time?" and "Does gender affect one's ability to remember colours or
numbers?" Could you please answer my interview questions?

1. Is it easiest for the brain to remember things that have been seen (as
opposed to heard, smelled, etc.) ?

2. Do males or females generally have better memories?

3. Does gender affect ability to remember colors vs. shapes?

4. Would it be harder to remember things seen with peripheral vision than in
the central foveal area?

5. Why is it that people tend to lose peripheral vision as they get older?

6. Can the rod cells sense any color at all?

7. Do diseases and disorders such as dyslexia and diabetes affect peripheral
vision?

     Thank you so much for answering my questions! Your site has already
provided a lot of great information for me. Also, could you please include
your name so I can include it in the interview? Thank you!