Re: pinhole block scheduling

From: Anthea1228@aol.com
Date: Sat Sep 11 1999 - 10:52:18 PDT

From: Anthea1228@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 13:52:18 EDT
Subject: Re: pinhole block scheduling

Hi again everybody,

I forgot to mention this the last time. I know Berkeley High and some middle
schools have an pre-first period. This allows for students in lab science
classes to come early and have a double period science class while allowing
everybody else to have regular 50 minute periods. Of course, there has to be
funding to pay the teachers and overhead costs to keep the extra period.
Maybe a teacher at one of these schools can fill in more details. I've seen
some BHS teachers on pinhole.

Marc, I totally agree with you on the saturation point. When we were on a
strict block schedule for everything, I had to plan several lessons per
period that were complimentary in a way that wouldn't leave the students
brain dead after 2 hours. It was a pain. We're progressing much faster
since we dumped it.

Theresa