Re: pinhole block scheduling

From: Denise Dreyer (dreyerd@pacbell.net)
Date: Sun Sep 12 1999 - 11:58:43 PDT

Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 10:58:43 -0800
From: Denise Dreyer <dreyerd@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: pinhole block scheduling

I'm at a high school (not a middle school) but we have a modified block
schedule. We have two days of blocks (we meet with half of our classes
each day) and the other three days are "regular" (we see all six periods each
day.) This was a good compromise. It allows for a lab once a week and
shorter
activities the rest of the week. I teach math and computers and really like
the
variety of this schedule. There was concern about it before we implemented
but our staff and student survey results are pretty positive now. We had two
two-week trial periods the year before we implemented t. That helped get the
bugs
out. We're now in our second or third year. Good luck!

Denise Dreyer
Mills High School
Millbrae, CA