Aluminum on my Mind

From: BenP (bpitt@n2.com)
Date: Thu Sep 23 1999 - 08:10:13 PDT

Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:10:13 -0700
From: "BenP" <bpitt@n2.com>
Subject: Aluminum on my Mind

My understanding is that some research, now at least a couple of decades old, found increased levels of aluminum in the brains of some alzheimers victims. Some people felt this indicated a causal relationship, and it received some publication with that interpretation. However, although researchers felt a correlation was established, it was an after-the-fact observation, and it was later publicized that no causal relationship had been established. (i.e. just because we find scab tissue at the sites of skin abrasions, this correlation does not establish that scabs cause abrasions) I do not recall who funded any of the research, who made the claims or counter claims, or whether the original claim of a correlation was actually ever debunked.

I still don't cook in aluminum. (Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean noone's after me!) Anyway, good stainless is more durable and easier to clean; Cast Iron is just plain wonderful (if properly seasoned), apparently does add small amounts of usable iron to one's diet in some circumstances, and lasts forever.

Ben

What are you N2? Choose from 150 free e-mail addresses.
http://www.n2mail.com