more lightning

From: Heidi Black (blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 14:23:06 PDT

Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:23:06 -0800
From: Heidi Black <blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org>
Subject: more lightning

What I wondered about during the 9/8 storm was that the lightning was
going neither up nor down, but sideways and looping! I have never
witnessed this before! (Though being a native bay area person my
experience is admittedly little) Some level of humidity? Concentration
of salt particles? Gamma ray activity ? Magic?
I just bought a photo at the Harvest Festival taken by a Santa Cruz
local (Wood) over the boardwalk. The bolt twists and turns like some
great sidewinder snake and finally ends in an upward fork! AHHH!
Heidi Strahm Black
East Side Union High School District
blackh@exchange.esuhsd.org