Mesons

From: Sidney Keith (sidkeith@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 20 1999 - 10:45:06 PST

From: "Sidney Keith" <sidkeith@hotmail.com>
Subject: Mesons
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 1999 10:45:06 PST

Responding to Sarah's question as to how we can tell that relativity
prolongs the life of mesons when we never see them traveling at less than
close to the speed of light, I think that physicists can calculate the life
of mesons at rest through the amount of energy they contain. When the
lifetime measured by detectors is different from that calculated, they can
be compared. The difference is that predicted by relativity theory.