Spring Conference March 4, 2000

From: Lori Lambertson (loril@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 19 1999 - 13:58:24 PST

Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 13:58:24 -0800
From: Lori Lambertson <loril@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Spring Conference March 4, 2000

Hello Pinhole Friends,
The CMSESMC Annual Spring Conference will be Saturday, March 4, 2000 at
Canada College (Redwood City). The Exploratorium Teacher Institute staff
will be teaching a whole day of workshops at this one day conference for
math and science teachers, K -12. The conference is being put on by
CMSESMC (it's a palindrome) - the Council of Math and Science Educators of
San Mateo County. Conference registration will cost about $45, which
includes catered lunch. The keynote speaker is KC Cole, former
Exploratorium staff member, currently the LA Times Science Writer and
author of the fabulous book, "The Universe and the Teacup". (I highly
recommend this book for holiday reading material! And it is available in
the Exploratorium library.) College credit is available through SFSU for
an additional fee.
Save the date! We are hoping to be able to offer a discounted registration
fee to new teachers and to groups of teachers from the same school. Be on
the lookout for more information about this conference.
Also - if you know of a good presenter, we are still looking for presenters
(math and/or science, K - 12) for this conference. Please call or email me
with the name and a method of contact for the person you recommend. (We
are especially interested in presenters for primary level, K - 2.)

Cheers,
Lori Lambertson
one of the conference organizers, can you tell?