RE: Pinhole Digest #296 - 11/23/99

From: J. G. Locke (lockejg@redshift.com)
Date: Tue Nov 23 1999 - 06:05:22 PST

From: "J. G. Locke" <lockejg@redshift.com>
Subject: RE: Pinhole Digest #296 - 11/23/99
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:05:22 -0800

This sounds like the perfect opportunity for an experiment! Use two
transducers in a large class tube (2 to 3 cm diameter) . Arrange one
transducer on long leads so that it's position can be changed in the tube.
Have a pump-down nipple and another nipple leading to a manometer (slant
type with Hg) or other fairly precise indicator.

Somewhere, there is information on the minimum pressure or maximum height in
the atmosphere for sound transmission.

John