color

From: Kirshen@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 17:29:00 PST

From: Kirshen@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 1999 20:29:00 EST
Subject: color

Hi there.
I'm studying light with my 8th graders and we've been discussing how we see
color. I understand the we have three types of cones in our eye that detect
color (red, blue and green). By stimulating different combinations of
these, you perceive other colors. But what is happening with your cones when
you see gray, brown, or neon colors? Any help would be appreciated. Also,
does anyone know where I could get cards that test color blindness to show my
students? Thanks!
Amy Kirshen