Sorry Confused Terms (Solar Year)!

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 14 1999 - 11:33:57 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 14:33:57 EST
Subject: Sorry Confused Terms (Solar Year)!

Sorry, I misread Marc's question, suffering from "Fingers faster than brain
syndrome." I am old enough to remember that we referred to the "solar year"
differently from the Galactic Year which was one revolution of our Milky Way
spiral galaxy. Terms change while old curmudgeons do not.

> I think that the Milky Way rotates once every 200 million years.
> This causes the Sun to move at about 240 km/sec in its orbit around the
> core.
> Gene Gordon
> Fairport High School
> Fairport, NY

Thanks Gene,

Al Sefl
Guaranteed to be correct 50% of the time.