Nova video's

From: Ronald Wong (ronwong@inreach.com)
Date: Thu Mar 02 2000 - 23:48:24 PST

Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 23:48:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Ronald Wong <ronwong@inreach.com>
Subject: Nova video's

Marc made the following remarks:

>Hi all,
>
>I was not able to locate the NOVA on music. I tried
>going to the NOVA website and browsed their available
>titles. So it's either out of print or the title is
>something other than "What is Music." Sounds like a
>terrific one and I wish I could locate a source from
>which to buy since the Exploratorium library is too
>far for me. Is it possible that it was a production
>that was not done by NOVA?

Here's a PBS website that lists all the Nova video's:

http://www2.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/novalistbytitle.html

This is what they had to say about the video, "What is Music?":

        What Is Music?
        NOVA explores the science of musical sound--from what
        makes a classic violin to how the human brain perceives
        music. Bells, trumpets, human voices and computers all
        perform.

        Original broadcast date: 11/21/89

Given the fact that the video is over 10 years old, I wouldn't be surprised
if it were no longer available.

BUT......

WGBH, in Boston, has an international website and, under SCIENCE, they list
this particular video. It appears that you MAY be able to get the video
through them.

The URL below is their contact page:

http://www.wgbh.org/wgbh/wgbhinternational/contact.html

Nancy Barker and Betsy Kane LeBlanc are sales reps for WGBH

Their e-mail addresses are at the top of that page and a click of the mouse
will put you in a mode where you can e-mail them an enquiry as to whether
or not the video is available through them.

Lots of luck.

ron