What is Music, revisited

From: Marc Afifi (marc_afifi@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 03 2000 - 11:34:11 PST

Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 11:34:11 -0800 (PST)
From: Marc Afifi <marc_afifi@yahoo.com>
Subject: What is Music, revisited

Thanks to Ron for helping with locating NOVA.

Unfortunately, after speaking on the phone with two
people at WGBH Boston, the license has expired for
"What is Music?" This means it can no longer be
ordered from WGBH Boston. I have not yet heard back
from WGBH International but the folks I spoke with
thought it was unlikely that the tape would be
available from them either.

What to do:

It's possible that KTEH or KQED could rebroadcast the
program (depends on the licensing but Josh Castor --
see below -- seems to think that licensing wouldn't
pose a problem here). So, Call KTEH and KQED and ask
them to rebroadcast it and if there are enough calls
they might do it. I know they rebroadcast episodes
late at night and they might be willing to do this if
there is enough interest.

Call WGBH Boston at 1-888-300-4118 and ask for
extension 2638. You will get transferred to Josh
Castor or someone else in the licensing department.
Tell Josh that you are really hoping they will renew
the licensing of "What is Music?" and he will add your
name to a database so that the program directors might
see fit to renew the license. The program would then
be available for purchase again.

If this is too much trouble you can always go to the
Exploratorium Library and check it out. I wish I lived
in SF!

-Marc

=====
Marc Afifi