Plum Teaching Job

From: Monya Baker (monyab@eastside.org)
Date: Mon Mar 20 2000 - 10:16:47 PST

Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 10:16:47 -0800
From: Monya Baker <monyab@eastside.org>
Subject: Plum Teaching Job

Hi Pinholers!

A colleague of mine is starting up a high school in San Jose and is
looking for teachers. Downtown College Prep will be in San Jose,
accessible to Cal-Trains, and will target minority kids who want to go to
college but might not get the skills they need in regular public schools.
Classes will be small and there is time built into the day to communicate
with colleagues. (It sounds like a sane version of my school. Small
classes, kids that want to learn, community environment, but fewer preps.)

I cannot say enough good things about the co-founder, who's been a mentor
for me the last two years. (I would leave my school to work for him, but
I've got projects/ connections here that I don't want to leave.) He has
good suggestions, is a straight-talker; even though he's not a science
teacher, he understands what I want to accomplish, and has a realistic,
creative approach to solving problems.

The starting salary is around $38,000. Plus, there are professional
development opportunities this summer for an additional $10,000. If you're
interested please contact Greg Lippman at greglippman@hotmail.com

Monya Baker, Science Teacher
Eastside College Preparatory School
2101 Pulgas Avenue