Re: Pinhole Digest #456 - 09/12/00

From: Deb Jensen (deb@meer.net)
Date: Tue Sep 12 2000 - 07:41:38 PDT

Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 07:41:38 -0700 (PDT)
From: Deb Jensen <deb@meer.net>
Subject: Re: Pinhole Digest #456 - 09/12/00

>Subject: Lab partner assignments

I use a trick I learned from a colleague - I make a matrix with half the
students' names across the top in columns, and the other half in rows along
the left side. The boxes in the matrix are filled in with the weeks in the
semester. Each Monday the kids find that week's in their row or column, then
look at the intersecting row or column to see who they sit with that week (we
sit in pairs at tables).