How bad was it, new teachers?

From: Gary Horne (gary.horne@excite.com)
Date: Wed Sep 13 2000 - 15:17:02 PDT

Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 15:17:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: Gary Horne <gary.horne@excite.com>
Subject: How bad was it, new teachers?

I'm working on a project to try to provide helpful resources to folks
studying to be teachers, and it got me thinking, What would T.I. alums who
just became teachers have liked to have known when they were getting their
credentials? Access to programs with stipends and scholarships? Help with
state paperwork? Job info? What was the biggest hassle for you? The
political climate has made it so that every year (it seems) a state
legislature decides to "fix" the education system by making it harder to
become a teacher, and now there's a shortage. (big surprise) How did you
fare under new restrictions?

Share your stories! I think other teachers would be interested in knowing
the hardships of their collegues. (or perhaps I'm wrong and the process
isn't hard, I'd like to know that, too!)

Gary Horne
ghorne@uclink4.berekely.edu
510.643.8439

Say Bye to Slow Internet!