slide rules

From: Lou Morton (stf-lmorton@vom.com)
Date: Thu Sep 14 2000 - 10:53:12 PDT

Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:53:12 -0700
From: Lou Morton <stf-lmorton@vom.com>
Subject: slide rules

Pinholers,
I have a modivated, or at least a cooperative, bunch of algebra students
this year AND a parent who is a software engineer who can, and does,
still use a slide rule. Am I out of my mind or would this be kind of
neat little jaunt to try and teach the kids to use a slide rule. I did
in high school but haven't used it since. Also, does anyone have, or
know where I could get, 20 or so, to have or borrow? Does someone have a
workbook or set collecting dust somewhere?
Your input or advice would be greatly appreciated. I am in the North
Bay.
Lou Morton
stf-lmorton@vom.com