Digital High School

From: MC elover (mcelover@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 13:41:36 PDT

Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:41:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: MC elover <mcelover@yahoo.com>
Subject: Digital High School

hello pinholers:

We the funkateers at Lowell High School are getting
the Digital High School (DHS) grant this year. The
science department has been brainstorming ideas on
what kinds of technology we would like to request.

1. Have any of you gone through the DHS shpiel
already, and do you have any suggestions on what has
worked and what hasn't?

2. We are a very space-limited school with teachers
sharing rooms and running all about. One
consideration we had was to buy some imacs and put
them on carts that could be wheeled about from room to
room. Also we thought of ibooks (laptops) but we were
afraid of their fragility. Any suggestions on what
works at your school?

3. CBL's and TI 82/83 . . . Do any of you use the
hand held CBL's for BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY, or
ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE? Do they work well? can they
be hooked up to printers? Do the kids understand
what's going on?

you can respond directly to me at
mcelover@yahoo.com

thanks for the help!