Human pheremones

From: Geoff Ruth (gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 15:34:47 PST

Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 15:34:47 -0800
From: Geoff Ruth <gruth@uclink4.berkeley.edu>
Subject: Human pheremones

I was talking about pheremones to my chem class today, and I wasn't certain
about the current state of research about human pheremones. I remember
reading something that within the past year, they (the mythical 'they') had
discovered a human pheremone.

 What does this pheremone control?
 How did they discover it?
 Are there any sex pheremones? (Of course, this was the question students
were
  most interested in)
 Why are there so many more insect pheremones discovered than human pheremones?

Thanks
-Geoff
Living by Chemistry
Room 247, Mail code 5200