Conservation of Momentum

From: Sidney Keith (sidkeith@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 09:13:37 PST

From: "Sidney Keith" <sidkeith@hotmail.com>
Subject: Conservation of Momentum
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 17:13:37 GMT

Nathania, I think your student is right to wonder about the conservation of
momentum; it's not a corollary of the conservation of energy but a
completely different phenomenon with an independent basis. This brings up
one of my favorite pieces of science, Noethe's theorem. It proves
mathematically that the conservation of energy is a result of the fact that