Re: pinhole Re: Donald Duck & He

From: Gene Thompson (gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 13:14:20 PST

Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 13:14:20 -0800 (PST)
From: Gene Thompson <gthompso@ccsf.cc.ca.us>
Subject: Re: pinhole Re: Donald Duck & He

Why would the speed through He be faster? Sound needs a medium to travel
through and the denser the medium the faster the speed of sound. With
equal amounts and equal volume, the He atoms are much smaller than the air
combo of nitrogen molecules, oxygen molecules, carbon dioxide, water
vapor, etc. The He balloon just has less stuff per unit space than what's
in the air balloon. So shouldn't the speed through He be slower???

Ellen Koivisto
George Washington High, SF