Does your school need teacher aides?

From: Gary Horne (gary.horne@excite.com)
Date: Tue Jan 23 2001 - 12:08:36 PST

Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:08:36 -0800 (PST)
From: Gary Horne <gary.horne@excite.com>
Subject: Does your school need teacher aides?

This is similar in nature to Melissa Graviss' posting, but from a slightly
different position.

I have a new job counseling individuals who are interested in pursuing
teaching careers. I've met with several young, educated individuals who
have strong desires to teach but have not met any of the state requirments
yet. One of the things I tell them, in addition to registering for various
tests, is that they should have some classroom experience. This is fine for
them as it is exactly what they want to do; however, for some reason, they
have not been able to find positions as teacher aides or even classroom
volunteers.

Do any of you know (1) if you need such people in your classroom in either
paid or unpaid positions (obviously paid is better as these people are out
of work right now), or (2) how someone becomes a paid or unpaid classroom
assistant in your district?

You can email me directly at ghorne@uclink.berkeley.edu.

Thank you in advance!

Send a cool gift with your E-Card