Re: Teaching Positions in San Francisco

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 11:04:43 PST

From: SFPhysics@aol.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 14:04:43 EST
Subject: Re: Teaching Positions in San Francisco

Melissa:

While I am in the process of attempting to separate myself from San Francisco
as the working climate there is not condusive to rationality, I would suggest
you go to the SFUSD web site:

< http://fusion.sfusd.k12.ca.us/dept/jobvacs/hrjobs.cfm >

My advice after working there for 33 years is for you to look into other
districts. San Francisco is also having a finance problem for maintaining
teacher staffing levels so they are looking to dump teachers as they just did
this last semester. It was really hard on some teachers who came from the
east coast and were sure they had jobs for at least a year only to find out
they were unemployed after only six weeks with all of the bills for moving
into one of the highest cost of living cities in the world.

Wishing you the best of luck,

Al Sefl
Early retiree with a tiny tiny pension..........
Every teacher shoud have a 403b Tax Sheltered Annuity account.........