Lucas Learning

From: Eric Muller (emuller@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 29 2001 - 09:07:39 PST

Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 09:07:39 -0800
From: Eric Muller <emuller@exploratorium.edu>
Subject: Lucas Learning

As you know, Lucas Learning designs and produces children's educational
software products, and prior to finalizing the design and beginning
production, we like to do as much research as possible. A large part of our
research includes speaking with teachers locally and nationwide. Currently,
we are in the beginning stages of research for a new potential product, and
we are looking for science and/or math teachers with whom we might speak,
and we thought contacting some of the teachers from The Exploratorium
Teacher's Institute would be a great place for us to start. We are looking
for middle and high school classroom teachers.

In this stage of research, we are talking with teachers about their "needs
and use patterns" in the classroom. We want to find out what curriculum the
teachers are using, what they like and dislike about it, why they've chosen
that particular curriculum, and do they integrate technology into their
everyday instruction. If so, what do they use/do with technology, and if
not, why not? Our goal in creating our products is to give teachers and
students new ways to use technology in the classroom.

I would be most grateful if you would please forward this e-mail along to
any classroom teachers you might recommend, or to all participants in the
Teachers Institute, for that matter!

Thank you in advance for your help with this, Eric. I really appreciate
it!!

Regards,
Katy Evans

Katy Evans