- Learning Studio - week of April 15

From: Gilles Poitras (gilles@exploratorium.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 18 2001 - 11:54:04 PDT

Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 11:54:04 -0700
From: Gilles Poitras <gilles@exploratorium.edu>
Subject:  - Learning Studio - week of April 15

This week I will finally give out the source of most of those freely
available online resources we have been adding to the catalog.

        http://digital.library.upenn.edu/books/

This is the On-Line Books Page of the library of the University of
Pennsylvania.

What the library of the University of Pennsylvania is doing is cataloging
freely available books on the Internet and then link to the location of the
material. This is the most complete collection of such titles I know of.

You can search or view lists by a variety of criteria.

I recommend simply looking at the lists by Subject which employs the
familiar Library of Congress classifications.

Please feel free to suggest titles we have not added to the Learning Studio
catalog. Just email the info directly to me and I will evaluate it.

The areas I would especially like recommendations in are chemistry and
mathematics.

Gilles Poitras gilles@exploratorium.edu
Learning Studio, Exploratorium Museum