Liquid Nitrogen Questions (to Paul D.)

From: dave barker (dbarker_sfusd@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 30 2001 - 12:18:45 PDT

Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:18:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: dave barker <dbarker_sfusd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Liquid Nitrogen Questions (to Paul D.)

Hi Paul,

Here are those liquid nitrogen questions I was talking
to you about earlier that my eighth graders asked me
after seeing a demonstration on liquid nitrogen. I
didn't see the demonstration myself, as I was
observing other workshops with the other grades at the
time):

1. What is the chemical formula of liquid nitrogen?

2. Where can you get it from and how do you safely
keep it?

3. What happens to the molecules as it forms?

4. Can you touch an object after it is dipped in
liquid nitrogen?

5. Why did a light bulb get brighter after (the
wires/socket?) were dipped in liquid nitrogen?

6. At what temperature does liquid nitrogen freeze?

7. How is it used in medical science, or other
branches of science?

Thanks Paul. Again, I didn't see the demonstration,
but they got some good questions out of it.

Dave.